AWI's Aims and Goals
Through engagement with policymakers, scientists, industry, and the public, AWI seeks to:
- Abolish factory farms, support high-welfare family farms, and achieve humane slaughter for animals raised for food;
- Improve the housing and handling of animals in research, and encourage the development and implementation of alternatives to experimentation on live animals;
- End the use of steel-jaw leghold traps and reform other brutal methods of capturing and killing wildlife;
- Preserve species threatened with extinction, and protect wildlife from harmful exploitation and destruction of critical habitat;
- Protect companion animals from cruelty and violence, including appalling conditions in commercial trade; and
- Prevent injury and death of animals caused by harsh transport conditions.